Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Aquaponics Survival Communities

Who are we? 

Everybody, someone, people, experts, beginners, hobbyists, children and human beings. That's a whole lot right there!

The ASCommunity is a combination of experts, beginners, hobbyists, moms, dads, grandparents and commercial growers. I think most of us are aware that the food we are now eating can no longer be regarded as real food.  Join the community  :-)

Our community continues to grow everyday because more than ever before people are now starting to realize they need to grow their own food sources if they want healthy safe produce.

Once upon a time humans put their hands in the dirt and never gave a second thought to toxic or contaminated soils. Every year we grew vegetables that kept our bodies strong and healthy. We helped our neighbors and shared vegetables with each other. No-one ever grumbled about Peggy's tomatoes or Jimmy's fresh eggs. It was just expected that people were kind enough to share what they had with each other. After all isn't that what communities are supposed to do?

We once happily fished in the ocean and bought home clean, healthy fish for the family to eat. We never gave a second thought to any contamination, bacteria or radiation. If our neighbors went fishing, you could be assured that Bob would swap you out a few fish for some eggs or fruits. These types of neighbors sound like wonderful people to me. Raise your hand if you think so too!

Sustainability is also a huge part of our community. Growing your own food is only part of what we need to do now. Living in homes that sustain us and not the other way around is also necessary. We need to relearn techniques that we have forgotten. Knowing how to find wild edibles, which grow in abundance all the time is important (these plants contain no GMO either). If there was nothing to eat would you know how to forage? Do you know how to make water clean enough to drink?

What are we doing to the soil, oceans and ourselves? 


We are now at the crossroads folks. Deny it if you will and there are still people who believe that it's not as bad as others make it out to be. OK if you say so, I will leave it at that. I sincerely hope you are right.

All I can say is, why would a scientist come out of retirement after ten years, to speak out against things like GMO. He was quite happy in his garden growing his own food. Maybe he wanted us to hear the real truth? I don't know why Dr Thierry Vrain would do such a thing unless he was concerned for the future.

I am no scientist but I have been listening a lot lately to those who specialized in biology & agriculture. They have way more experience than me...and even they cannot guarantee complete safety anymore. So what it boils down to; there is no escaping the fact that we have no real choice but to grow our own food now. Only YOU can know exactly what you are growing. Only YOU will know the food you are feeding your children is safe and healthy.

Our Children's Future

My daughter had a baby in June and she asked me yesterday "Mom what do I say to Kace in 15 years from now about the food he is expected to eat?"

I told her that you teach him to grow his own food. You grow aquaponics food and teach him the same. You teach him about seed saving and you show him how to grow worms. You teach him because you are the best teacher he will ever have! A parents love will teach him the earth bound roots he so desperately needs now.

This is what the Aquaponics Survival Communities is about....teaching the next generation and getting back to basics. We have a magazine that everyone can be involved with. I have thoroughly enjoyed the articles that everyone has contributed so far.

I cannot do all of this by myself and I need your help too. I do not claim to be a worldwide authority but rather I am also a mother and grandmother just like millions of other women are.  I want something better to pass onto the future and I am sure you feel the same way too.

Help me teach the children and lets help each other in the process. We can become like the bough of an old oak tree; strong and live long, when we stand together, demand good foods and a healthy future for everyone.


Warm Regards

Victoria Kelley